Terms & Conditions
SRC Educational Consultants
The terms and conditions set forth below are integral to the provision of services by SRC Admissions Consultants (“SRC”) to any client (“Client”). When you purchase services from SRC, you agree to the terms of this Agreement (the “Agreement”):
1) LIMITATIONS OF ROLE
SRC Admissions Consultants will provide Client with advice, strategy and assistance in preparing application(s) to undergraduate or business school(s) selected by Client. As part of the school package, SRC will provide the following services in connection with Client’s preparation of the application(s):
- Kickoff meeting via phone or Skype to identify Client’s brand, assess strengths and opportunities to improve application, begin to clarify Client’s story and general positioning, and to develop the unique approach to Client’s application process.
- Telephone consultations to discuss strategy issues, challenges and questions. Telephone consultations can be arranged as needed at Client’s discretion but suggested that they be scheduled with the consultant at least one day in advance to ensure availability.
- Written document review, including essays, resume, application form, and any other communications with undergraduate or business schools.
- Assistance with general questions that arise throughout the process.
- Interview coaching and mock interview / feedback session, and additional interview coaching as needed and requested by Client, and may incur an additional fee.
- Assistance with recommendations – advice on selection and preparation of references and high-level review of recommendation letters to provide feedback on general approach.
- No Warranty. The role of SRC Admissions Consultants is to coach and direct the Client, but it is the responsibility of the Client to write or rewrite (as applicable) the application(s) and supporting documents. SRC will review and provide comments on letters of recommendations but will not write or rewrite recommendation letters. In addition, SRC will endeavor to respond to Client as quickly as possible but the consultant is not required to respond to Client or turn any documents around in less than 48 hours. After the initial call, SRC will provide Client with a “Schedule of Efforts” but it is up to the Client to adhere to this schedule as strictly or loosely as they choose. SRC endeavors to advise client appropriately and warrants that its services will be performed by personnel possessing competency consistent with applicable industry standards but SRC cannot guarantee acceptance into any particular school or into any of Client’s selected schools.
2) PAYMENT PLANS
Client agrees to pay SRC the consulting fees as agreed upon for the schools of the Client’s choice. Adding schools after the consulting fees have been agreed upon will result in an increase in the consulting fees. Client may not reduce the number of schools (to a lower priced package) once the consulting fees have been agreed upon. When the Client agrees to a payment plan, s/he agrees that s/he is legally bound to make all required payments under said payment plan and that these payments shall not be excused for any reason. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all fees are stated in United States dollars. Payment is expected upfront, unless alternative arrangements have been discussed.
Refund Policy. This Agreement may be terminated by the Client or SRC at any time. SRC will not issue any refunds for hourly services. Regarding comprehensive services, SRC will refund the Client in full for any schools on which no time was spent by SRC. If time has been spent on a school, the engagement will cease with an agreed upon outstanding fee or refund, prorated per SRC time spent X a) $250 (advisor’s hourly rate) or $325 (founder’s hourly rate) plus a $300 processing fee.
4) CONFIDENTIALITY AND NON-DISCLOSURE
The Client understands that he or she may receive information of a confidential or secret nature that may be disclosed by SRC (the “Proprietary Information”). Such Proprietary Information includes, but is not limited to, client questionnaires, sample essays, resumes, interview trainings and transcripts, and recommendations. At all times, both during the term of this Agreement and after its termination, Client agrees to keep and hold all such Proprietary Information in strict confidence and trust and agrees that he or she will not use or disclose any Proprietary Information without the prior written consent of SRC, except in connection with completing the applications as provided in this Agreement.
Information the Client sends to any SRC firm email address will be treated as confidential during the application season during which the Client is applying. After that period, all information the Client has sent to any SRC email address will be treated as non-confidential unless you indicate otherwise, and may be used by SRC for any purpose.
This Agreement will terminate after Client receives the final decision from each school regarding the application(s) that SRC assisted with and Client has made a decision regarding program enrollment. This Agreement does not extend beyond the 2021-2022 application season and this Agreement will not be extended or renewed for a subsequent application season without Consultant’s written consent (which may be given via email). The 2021-2022 application season is defined as the period of time dedicated to developing applications for matriculation in 2022. This does not apply to freshman and sophomores in high school with later application seasons.
Client will not, at any time during the Term of SRC ’s engagement and at any time following termination of SRC’s engagement take any action or make any statement (whether via personal or public communications, the internet, websites, or social media or any other media) the effect of which would be directly or indirectly to materially damage or impair the reputation and/or goodwill of SRC or its business, including, but not limited to, any action or statement intended, directly or indirectly, to interfere with SRC’s relationships with its other clients and/or benefit a competitor of the Company.
- Choice of Law; Venue. The laws of the state of Connecticut (without giving effect to its conflict of law principles) shall govern the validity of this Agreement, the construction of its terms and the interpretation of the rights and duties of the parties hereto. Any controversy, dispute or claim between the parties relating to this Agreement shall be resolved by binding arbitration in Fairfield County, Connecticut in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The prevailing party in any dispute or other proceeding(s) relating to this Agreement shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees, in addition to any other relief that may be granted. Judgment on the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the award.
- Modification or Amendment; Assignment; Waiver. No amendment, change, or modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless it is in writing and signed by the parties hereto. This Agreement is not assignable by either party. Waiver by one party hereto of breaching any provision of this Agreement by the other shall not operate or be construed as a continuing waiver.
- Entire Understanding. This agreement constitutes the entire understanding and agreement of the parties, and any and all prior agreements, understandings, and representations are hereby terminated and canceled in their entirety and are of no further force and effect.
- Un-enforceability of Provisions. If any provision of this Agreement, or any portion thereof, is held to be invalid and unenforceable, then the remainder of this Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
- Client agrees that s/he has read and understands this Agreement and that Client has had the opportunity to review this Agreement with legal counsel.
By purchasing any of SRC Admissions Consultants Professional Services, you have executed this Agreement.